by Nigel Clegg
Index, Photos, charts, diagrams, 138 pages, 5 1/2"x8 1/2", softcover, 2006.
This book answers all the boatowner's questions, and provides practical advice on painting every type of material.
"This is a brilliant book... I recommend it for beginners and old-timers alike" ... CRUISING
"You may want to read this book cover to cover before beginning your painting project or purchaing materials... it truly tells you everything you ever wanted to know about painting your boat." ...THE ENSIGN
"Everything from the chemistry of modern paints and varnishes to application equipment (brushes, rollers, sprayers, etc.)" ...WOODENBOAT
Table of Contents
- Back to Basics
- Personal Hygene and Safety
- what is Paint?
- Surface Preparation
- paint Removing Methods
- Coating Specifications & Product Application
- Color Matching
- On Board & Preventative Maintenance
- Importance of Temperature & Relative Humidity
- Application Equipment
- Fault Finding Guide
- Health & Safety When Using Paints
- Glossary of Painting Terms
- Conversion Tables
- Useful Addresses